Saturday, October 30, 2010

October was busy!


 These are just a couple of the piles of mail I've been getting! I usually wait till the weekend now to open everything LOL!

That amount of mail arrives at least each week, sometimes more. I'm always so touched and moved by the generosity of the people in our Australian community.  Some packages cost $20 or more to send, but I get them on a regular basis from several people.  You should know that the items go to our storage area and are sorted regularly and packed as needed.

Opening the packages is great fun and I set aside a special time to do it, because I figure if people spent time organising donations, packing them and heading off to line up at the post office, the very least I can do is take some real time out to appreciate it all. I used to take lots of pix but as you can see from the quality of some of these photos, my camera is on it's last legs and I really can't afford a new one right now.

So, I know it's been a while since I blogged.... so here's what's happening! I've gone back to work 3 days a week, initially in the prep class but for the last six weeks of term I'm filling in in all grades across the school to give teachers  extra time to work on report and catch up on non contact time etc. As a teacher myself, I bet the teachers are very excited to have this extra time at this time of the year.

Other than that I've been sorting all the undie donations into packs of 3 in size and gender!
I've used about 650 plastic zip lock bags and because I really feel bad about all that plastic, I've bought cellophane bags for the rest. (it's biodegradable!)










Also  went to the local Family Care meeting to collect donations!!!

I promise I've been busy LOL










Just to finish off this blog, here is a pix of a kids bike that was dropped off to me. I was able to give it to a 3 year old girl who had just come into care with absolutely nothing of her own. Wish I could have been there to give it to her myself :o)






















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails