Sunday, April 17, 2011

Super EASY Brownies! Recipe by Richelle


Super EASY  Brownies
These are super easy to make and a favorite in our household with everyone!

You need:
125g butter
125g chocolate
3eggs
1 1/2 cups castor sugar (normal white sugar is fine)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
icing sugar to dust

Method:
1) Melt butter and choc together
2) Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla
3) Add choc /butter mixture
4) Add sifted flour, cocoa and nuts (I don't sift my flour because I’m too lazy and don't want any extra dishes)
5) Pour into a greased & lined tin
6) Cook in a preheated oven @ 180 degrees for 40min
7) Allow to cool in tin, cut into squares, dust with icing sugar and demolish!

My notes:
·         I use block chocolate or choc drops/buds, milk or dark, it’s good for whatever you have avail.
·         I melt my chocolate in the microwave... you want soft choc that will go smooth when you stir it! Do NOT keeping heating it until you get liquid everything as the chocolate will most likely go yuck! I do mine for just 1 minute in a pyrex (glass) jug.
·         I use castor sugar or white sugar – both work well!
·         I rarely add the nuts, mainly due to the little mouths in our household (under 2yo’s should not have nuts)
·         And most importantly, the beauty of this recipe is if it's not cooked enough, you have gooey brownies, if it's cooked a bit too long, it's more like a slice... So long as it’s not running out the tray or blackened, it’s going to be YUMMO! 
 

Enjoy :)
Richelle

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails