Monday, September 27, 2010

Jada helps out!

The following post has been written by a very enterprising young lady who has visions of starting her own charity next year.  Young Jada has asked to help do some fundraising for the backpacks project, (all her own idea) and is finding out how our organisation works.


Hi My name is Jada, I am 11 Yrs Old and in Grade 5, I am always looking for ways to protect our environment and ways to help others who are less fortunate than I am. 


I have had some practice at school with projects this year and setting up Poverty Hour at school for a project, so the other kids could see how homeless people live.

After working on these projects I asked my mum if she could help me set up a charity similar to one I saw in America, helping foster kids by collecting much needed supplies in suitcases, that’s when my mum told me about Back Packs for Aussie Kids and we phoned Despina to see how I could help her Charity.  


I have set myself a goal to fundraise 250 Toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste by Christmas, I have currently collected approx. 30 of each and still have a long way to go.  

I would like everyone to help me reach my goal by sending  Brand New, unopened Toothpaste and Toothbrushes to My mums business address.
Jada Kyle
3 Abernethy ave
Deer Park Vic 3023
Thank you Despina and Backpacks 4 Aussie Kids for giving me the opportunity to help little kids in Foster Care.
Jada 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails