Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Arrivals

I really have to thank all those generous ladies who responded so quickly to my call for help on Facebook last week. I was almost completely out of soft toys to include in the backpacks and nappy bags. In fact I had only 4 left and a giant Kermit the Frog!

So far this week (Tuesday), I have received two parcels of pre loved toys and a backpack filled with toys, clothes and other bits an pieces.

I especially asked for pre loved soft toys. Why? Because I believe they already have love inside them, and something ready to give to a child who may be sad, confused or just plain tuckered out.


The quality of the toys that arrived has been top notch. These toys have obviously been well cared for. Even if they were sitting on a shelf, they have come from a home full of love. I know this because of the very fact they were sent on to B4AK.

Those who know me well are not surprised that I whisper something special to each toy before I zip the bag up. I loved that movie Toy Story because it was something I think we all secretly believe. So I say to the toys, 'Ok now, you are going to be with a child that really needs you, they may not like you to start with but please take good care of them and show them that love is real and for them'. Or words to that effect.

Silly? Probably, but for a few of these children, this teddy will be with them through some of the hardest parts of their young lives.

So, thank you to those who have sent toys, made monetary donations, given clothes or words of support and encouragement.

I really believe that 'if we can' - 'we should'. In this case, make a positive difference in a child's life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails